Friday, February 03, 2012

A new spin on things...

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” 
-Maria Robinson
Dancing Commas blog design from March 2009 to February 2012

Given that the last time I changed up the design here at Dancing Commas was almost three years ago, I recently decided that it was high time to shake things up again.

I've gone back and forth on whether to abandon Dancing Commas and move on to another blog. I've debated whether to switch from Blogger to Wordpress. I've dreamed about what it takes to make it big in the blog world. But after deep consideration, I have decided to stay here for the time being.

But that doesn't mean that I still couldn't put a new spin on things... 

Blog design and html coding were an effective distraction from a crazy week of real estate upheavals, unknowns, and contract extensions. (I'm choosing not to dwell on the negative... only looking forward to the positive!) After several full days of planning, creating, and coding, I'm tickled to share the results with you!

NEW Dancing Commas blog design from February 2012 to ??

If you want to know the nitty gritty details... the header font is Typewriter Condensed. The background stripes were created by the Stripe Generator. The Blogger template is the Simple template. The header and other images are all me.

Over the next couple of months, be on the lookout for more crafts, projects, and tutorials. And, as soon as we get all of this house stuff sorted out, there should be many more decorating posts and home ideas as well. I'm more than inspired now... I'm just waiting on a blank canvas.

If you're reading on a mobile device or in a reader, I invite you to click over to the real site so that you can fully admire the new digs (and the fancy new pages at the top). Because I've changed the template size and the default attributes, some of the archived posts may look a little wonky. If you're navigating through and find something that needs to be tweaked, please let me know.

So... what do you think?

7 comments:

  1. Ug... the HOUSETOUR page disappeared. I'll have to recreate this evening. But, I probably should take a shower and actually eat something today. Check back later!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok... I fixed that. Let me know if you see anything else that needs to be tweaked!

      Delete
  2. Jana.......I love it as usual your taste and design skills are amazing!!!!!!! Yes I creep through your blog daily don't judge me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heather! Thanks for your daily "creeps." You should start one of your own to document your crafting adventures!! I'd read!!

      Delete
  3. I love your new banner! Very nice redesign. Makes me want to work on Tried & True, hah. :)

    ReplyDelete

You might also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...