Friday, March 07, 2008

My Vintage Travel Poster

“Once in a while you get a moment of clarity -- an inspiration -- and they don't come that frequently,”
-Paul Reiser

Yesterday I was working on a poster mockup for a church function, and I decided that I wanted to attempt vintage travel poster style.

I love vintage travel posters. There’s just something about the block colors and the bold typography that just makes me drool. I’d love to decorate a room in my house with travel posters from places all over the world.

But could I achieve this style myself??

I used this Japan poster as my inspiration.
And here is my result.
I absolutely love it. It's just a silly little flyer, but I want to hang it on my wall. I hope that my “client” likes it, too. Now I’m dreaming of the other things I can illustrate vintage travel poster style.

1 comment:

You might also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...