Saturday, June 09, 2012

Project 52 Weeks: Pages 13, 14, & 15

“Although no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.” 
-Carl Bard 

Week 13: Moving Weekend
Supplies used: Orange Lot No. stickers collected from our many moving boxes, green satin ribbon, lined paper, staples, date stamp.

Journalling reads: The moving trucks came and went, leaving behind a wake of chaos. Boxes and furniture filled every nook and cranny. We have so much stuff! It is going to be a long couple of weeks of unpacking and sorting.

Week 14: 8:30 to 5:30
Supplies used: solid yellow paper, date stamp, thread and sewing machine, my first paystub from work in the pocket, arrow designed by me.

Journalling reads: After going back and forth for months with B2B, they finally offered me a part-time position. I will go into Greenville on Tuesdays and Wednesdays to work in their Art Department as a graphic artist. My job will be to help prepare files for printing. Most projects will be advertising wraps for vehicles, but occasionally there is an environmental graphics job as well. I'm learning so much about Adobe Photoshop!! More than I already knew!!

I didn't think through where to go after walking in the door. No one was at the front desk, and I didn't know where the offices were. -- I spent an hour online with the IT people trying to set up my accounts. -- We went outside to look at a monster truck that the owner wants wrapped. We chatted about design opportunities. -- Nat (my boss) took me on a tour of the office to meet everyone. He explained the "Orders Checklist" which will be one of my responsibilities. -- President of the company came by to announce a new $750,000 project we got from AT&T.

Week 15: Fully, completely, utterly engrossed
Supplies used: Gray papers from my stash, date stamp, text and asterisk designs by me. 

Journalling reads: Easter Sunday. After introducing Thomas and Jonathan to the Draw Something app, we sat around all afternoon, challenging each other to this high tech version of Pictionary. Then the boys turned on a movie while I made our meal plan and blogged.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

You might also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...