Monday, June 25, 2012

Happy 28th!

"Nothing is worth more than this day."
-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Cookie bowls and ice cream for Rob's 28th birthday
My 28th birthday has come and gone. And, Rob's has, too. We celebrated each other all week, and now we're eager to see what our 29th year has in store.

This past year was one of my hardest yet... definitely my toughest year of adulthood so far. At its best, it was a year of upheaval and uncertainty. At its worst, I struggled with failure and anger.

Me on my 28th birthday
With all the time I have had on my hands over the last year, you would have thought (heck, even I thought) that I would have it all figured it out by now. What I want I do. Who I want to be. Maybe even, how to do it.

But, today as I write this, I know little more than I knew a year ago. Except that I do make it through. And, that there's comfort in knowing some stuff is beyond your control, out of your hands.

As for the future, we're taking it one day at a time... enjoying the here and the now. Looking forward to the months and years ahead, but understanding that they will arrive only when they're ready.

2 comments:

  1. I DO think it is impossible that I have a 28 year old daughter!!! But, I love you so much and am so proud of you and the young woman you have become!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine's in two weeks. Are we really 28?!

    ReplyDelete

You might also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...