Sunday, January 22, 2012

Home Sweet Home applique...

"Everyone who's ever taken a shower has an idea.  It's the person who gets out of the shower, dries off, and does something about it who makes a difference."
-Nolan Bushnell


Last night while lying in bed, I had a wonderful vision of a sewing project that could be framed and hung on the wall, next to this letterpress print that my mom gave us for Christmas. Going through my fabric stash today, I realized I already had most of the supplies I needed. A quick trip to Joann's for fusible interfacing and some microtip scissors, and I was back to the apartment, ready for an afternoon of crafting.

I've been inspired lately by the thought of home (we've been househunting lately, and might be close to putting down an offer!) and starbursts (as you can see from the first page of my SMASH book).


I find it so invigorating to take an idea full circle from a nugget of an idea to the finished product in one day. Now, all I need to do is find a frame, and then of course, have a wall to hang it on.

Be on the lookout for tutorials in the next couple of days! And, hopefully in a month or so, you'll see it displayed in our new house!

EDITED TO ADD: Starburst patchwork tutorial & Reverse applique tutorial

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love it!!! So cute!! Can't wait to hear about the contenders in the house search

    ReplyDelete

You might also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...