Monday, June 09, 2008

Some crazy calls

“I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can't be helped.”
-Frederick Perls

So it’s official, MIL is crazy!! Yesterday she called Rob to berate him about not responding to a letter and photos sent to us by his grandfather. However, we never even received the said package!

Then we realized that MIL had given Grandpa our address. And by that, I mean, she gave Grandpa the address that she sent our Christmas package to. The Christmas package that we never received because she had transposed the numbers in the zip code. No, I’m not kidding!!

Also, MIL called on Friday to fuss at Rob for not calling his cousin the night before to celebrate her graduation. We had received her graduation invitation a few weeks back and were deciding what kind of gift to send her, but we had let the actual date of the official ceremony slip our mind. Big whoop! That’s just not really a top-line item in our lives right now. I just kind of laughed when Rob told me about the call, but he was actually really upset about forgetting.

I know that this marriage thing isn’t all about changing Rob into how I want him to be, but it’s been really good for both of us to see things from a new perspective. This time (like many times) from a much more loving, much more forgiving perspective.

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain about your MIL. Luckily, it sounds like you're both on the same page in terms of how you view your relatives. That will help a lot.

    My MIL has been a problem for nearly 20 years and there's nothing I can do to make her less crazy. Luckily, my husband sees her for who she really is and has witnessed her crazy, so he has my back whenever his mother does something rude, cruel, mean, or whatever. That's much better than one of his brothers, who offered no support to his own wife when she was our MIL's target.

    ReplyDelete

You might also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...