Friday, March 27, 2009

My worldclass man

"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible."
-St. Francis of Assisi

Tomorrow will be Rob's 20th day in a row to work at the plant. And, I'm not talking about 9-to-5's, more like 6-to-7s, and more than once, 6-to-10's. It's been a long couple of weeks, preparing for the huge building audit, which he believed his future with the company relied upon.

FLASHBACK! I remember making conversation with a cab driver in Boston on a family trip a couple of years ago, when he asked me what I saw in Rob (who was my boyfriend at the time). I answered with the first thing that came to my head, "because whenever he puts his mind to something, he makes it come true!" Later I reflected if that was a silly reason to love someone, and then I wondered why I even cared what I told a cab driver, but even today, this trait is one that I most admire about my husband.

After all of his frustration, hard work, and a little bit of luck, it looks like they are going to pass the audit, and maybe even achieve "worldclass" status!! I'll be sure glad to have him home in the evenings next week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

You might also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...