Sunday, March 08, 2009

Belated Valentine's Post

“For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.”
-Judy Garland

As noted previously, Valentine's Day is the one holiday when I try to DIY my gift for Rob. To celebrate our love with something handmade. This year's gift was as much for me as it was for him, but it appropriately expressed my love for him (and I surprised him with a bag of gummi bears as well!).

[BTW... check out the throw pillows that I handmade (and hand-embroidered!!) on the bed.]

I designed the curly-q flourish in Adobe Illustrator, using a detail from our master bathroom vanity as inspiration and then had a sign shop in Snellville print and cut it from low-tack vinyl (just perfect until we find a headboard that we really love!). Since it had to be printed on a five-foot long strip, I decided to go ahead and use the excess to create the quote for the bathroom. The quote is inspired by our wedding vows, "... even though you love me just as I am." All for less than $25.00--I think that's one heck of a thrifty gift.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

You might also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...