Thursday, March 26, 2009

My own little corner

"In my own little corner, in my own little room, I can be whomever I want to be." -Rodgers and Hammerstein, Cinderella

Been wondering what I've been up to lately? Well, this week I planned a list of projects for myself, so I'd be too busy to feel guilty about sitting at home without a job. And, first on the agenda... a complete overhaul of my craft room, including moving it to the smaller room across the hall (switching with what was the guest room). So with a $100 budget, I set out to make this room super cute and super organized, just like those awesome studios that I drool over on Flickr.

Here's my little sewing corner. I made the curtains (using this tutorial from The Small Object Steno Pad) and even lined them with white fabric on the back.
And then on the opposite wall is my collection of scrapbooks and photo albums. Unfortunately there's not a lot of room to grow with that discarded piece of an old computer desk. But don't you love the pennants!However, the major accomplishment was the closet. Now everything is organized by project type and should be easy to find--even if I need a step stool to reach it because I'm so darn short.The other sewing projects that I attempted included this sewing machine cover (tutorial found at Spool) and wrist pin cushion (tutorial found at PlanetJune). I'm pretty stinkin' pleased with my projects. I didn't really run into any hiccups, and they totally add a lot of fun to the room.
I have a couple of more projects to finish up the room, including revamping these lovely finds from the thrift store. Stay tuned to see how they turn out!!

2 comments:

  1. The curtains turned out well!! Good job--I can't wait to see it for real!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! If I'd known you were doing that, my shopping trip certainly would have taken a different turn! haha!

    ReplyDelete

You might also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...