Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Celebrity is in the eye of the beholder

“Here I am, Lord. Is it I, Lord? I have heard you calling in the night. I will go, Lord, if you lead me. I will hold your people in my heart.”
-Daniel L Schutte

I got to take off from work for my birthday yesterday. Unfortunately I didn’t get to play the day away, but instead I went up to Athens to help Lisa with the visuals for the North Georgia United Methodist Conference.

We worked really hard on making a banner for the grand entrance and then prepared the altars for the Opening Service and the Ordination Service.

I was supposed to get to eat breakfast with the Bishop, but he just had time to poke his head in—and I missed him. However, later just before the service, he asked Lisa to introduce us.

When I told Rob that I got to meet the Bishop, I explained that he’s a celebrity of sorts. As celebrity as a local religious leader gets, I suppose. And that fact was confirmed when I got to work today, and one of my bosses eagerly asked, “Did you get to meet the Bishop?”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

You might also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...