Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Math teachers only...

“Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious...” -Michael Stipe

Any math teachers that want to share in some goodies for their classroom....?? Anyone....??
As the new school year creeps terrifying close, I spent today working on some new posters for my classroom walls. Solving word problems is one of the skills that my students fear the most. When they see words in math class, their minds shut down. So, to combat that stumbling block, I've created these great posters to hang on the wall. I'll print them out as 16x20 poster prints from Sam's Photo Center, and then probably laminate them before they go up on the walls. I'll probably create a graphic organizer handout that looks similar when we reach this specific concept.
Feel free to right-click, save, print, and use in your own classroom.

2 comments:

  1. What a good idea---those things will help lots of kids and might make them stick in their minds

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great posters - both useful & decorative

    In the past I have printed individual words on coloured paper then ask groups of students to sort them into piles of related words and them glue them onto posters with suitable headings

    ReplyDelete

You might also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...