Friday, July 31, 2009

Is it meant to be?

"Strangers are just friends waiting to happen."
-Rod McKuen


There are four new classroom teachers at The Middle School this year. We are all female, in our mid-twenties, and in our first or second year of teaching.

I met up with the girls this morning at the district-level orientation, and I realized, as I was sitting there listening to our area superintendent stumble over his powerpoint presentation, that these three girls have some of the top qualities I look for in a friend these days.

1. No one's toes or fingernails were painted, much less sporting a perfect manicure. No need for that kind of frou frou around here.

2. When given a soft drink choice, these girls chose Coca-Cola over Diet Coke. No need to be so conscious of our weight that we deny ourselves the Classic.

!!!Disclaimer: That's not to say that if you do one of the above items you're no longer my friend. In fact, most who will read this have known me (and been my friend) long before we were concerned by how we looked and how much we weighed.

But sometimes, I think you can tell a lot about a person by their drink choice and fingernails. Hopefully this foretells of good friends to come!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

You might also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...