Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Somebody celebrated an anniversary...

"Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that."
 -Michael Leunig

Rob and I celebrated five years of marriage this weekend. In keeping with tradition, this year we themed our gifts to each other around "wood." (anniversary gifts from years past can be found here: Year One: Paper, Year Two: Cotton, Year Three: Leather, Year Four: Fruit)

I came downstairs for breakfast to find candy and a card propped up on Lincoln Logs. And, a promise for a weekend getaway to a cabin in a few weeks.


I set up a fire pit in the backyard, but unfortunately due to a late Saturday night at the football game and rain on Sunday, there was no fire for us this weekend.

And, although I had a makeshift screen set up outside on the exterior wall, we had to move our wedding photo slideshow indoors. We piled up in the papasan chair to relive our wedding day, from the early morning preparations to the helicopter chase before the "I do's" (that's what you get when your wedding is in downtown Atlanta), from the dance floor to the tired eyes after the party.

Want to listen to our Firepit Tunes playlist? Here it is...
  • "Anyone Else But You" by The Moldy Peaches
  • "Collide" by Howie Day
  • "Groovy Kind of Love" by Sonny & Cher
  • "I'll Be" by Edwin McCain
  • "Is this Love" by Bob Marley
  • "Kiss Me" by Sixpence None the Richer
  • "Power of Two" by Indigo Girls
  • "Say Hey (I Love You)" by Michael Franti
  • "Steal My Kisses" by Ben Harper
  • "The Way I Am" by Ingrid Michaelson
  • "You are the Best Thing" by Ray LaMontagne
  • "You're Still the One" by Shania Twain

0 comments:

Post a Comment

You might also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...