Thursday, October 09, 2008

Heart in a box

“Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever... it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything.”
-Aaron Siskind

I struggled over what to get/make/do for Rob for our first anniversary. With a house on the horizon, there’s not a whole lot of money to spend. But I hated not doing anything, especially on the “Year of Paper,” quite appropriate for budgeting newlyweds. I could think of so many paper crafts that a girl like me would swoon over, but my “macho” man… not so much.

Until I searched the archives of some of my favorite creative blogs and ran across Dan’s anniversary present to Marta last October…

Here’s my interpretation with photos that capture our first year of marriage, from the holidays and honeymoon to our favorite restaurants and retreats. All wrapped up in a decoupage box and tied with a bow. A box full of love and memories that he can open to relive the simple and wonderful moments from this year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

You might also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...