Saturday, January 14, 2012

My SMASHbook station...

“Daring ideas are like chessmen moved forward; they may be beaten, but they may start a winning game.”
-Goethe

This year I will be tackling a yearlong project: Project 52 Weeks, to document the highlights and everyday moments of 2012. I've set up my SMASHbook station on the top of a bookshelf in our office/cycling room. I hope that by keeping the project out and accessible it will be easy to keep up with the project. I'm also choosing Wednesday and/or Friday evenings to create a page per week.

My SMASHbook philosophy will be a step back towards more traditional scrapbooking... the kind my grandmother, mother, and even I made as kids. At Canton a couple of weeks ago, I dug through the piles of junk to discover random vintage ephemera to add alongside my receipts, clothing tags, cut-outs from magazine, and photos.


I don't know exactly how the final book will turn out. In fact, everyone to whom I've explained the project has asked, "So are there 52 pages in the book?" And, to be honest, I haven't even counted...

Hopefully I'll post a photo of each week's page(s). Look for the first page (the inside cover and introduction to the year) tomorrow!

If you're looking for other SMASHbook inspiration, these are some of the bookmarks I've saved: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6.

1 comment:

  1. I'm organizing today, too! The best part about this project is that there really are no rules--you can do it however you want. We may even get Callie in on it!

    ReplyDelete

You might also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...