Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Picture Fall: Day 2

"O bed! O bed! delicious bed! That heaven upon earth to the weary head."
-Thomas Hood


When I read the Picture Fall prompt first thing this morning, I grieved over all of my comfy and stylish furniture that's still sitting in my house in Georgia. How could I take a photo of our ugly futon couch or our ghetto air mattresses on the floor? I spent two minutes in a pity party for myself and our makeshift living situation. Then I knew it was time to get out of bed... and, I argued with myself... can't I just stay here for a few more minutes?

Whack! I got walloped on my head with a big dose of gratitude... wrapped in the blankets with my head on the pillow, I always feel so cozy, so warm, so safe. Even in the midst of the chaotic and less-than-perfect, I am surrounded by blessings.

What's the last time you realized you were given blessings in disguise?

1 comment:

  1. Yay for you---seeing the good in a less than ideal situation! Your bed looks pretty comfy, too!

    ReplyDelete

You might also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...