Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snowpocalypse 2011

"A lot of people like snow. I find it to be an unnecessary freezing of water."
-Carl Reiner
 
Yesterday when I saw snow outside, I thought, "Yay, a day off from school! But there's no way I'm going out in that." I had my snow time a couple of weeks ago at Christmas and had no desire to play again. 


However, we are stranded in our house for the second day in a row, and heaven forbid, more days may be coming. Yesterday Rob and I were at each other's throats, so even I agreed to start the day by venturing out around the neighborhood. Yesterday it was pretty empty out on the streets, but today families were coming out the woodwork, obviously also tired of being cooped up in the house. 

Unfortunately the roads are still extremely dangerous, both in our neighborhood and the interstates. All of the snow has been compacted into ice, and all of the slush will refreeze this evening. So we've done laundry, cleaned up the clutter, blogged, watched two Pirates of the Caribbean movies, made muffins, finished craft projects, swept the downstairs... and there's not much else to do.


All of the counties around us have already closed schools for tomorrow. --> And in the time it took me to upload the accompanying photos, our county has been added. What a week!

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering if you'd have another day off. What a mess! Hang in there and enjoy the "down time" as much as possible---all too soon, you'll be back in the midst of things wishing for a day off! :-)

    ReplyDelete

You might also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...