Saturday, January 01, 2011

Making it ours...

"Neither good taste nor wealth... can transform a house into a home, for a home does not consist in the quality of its architecture or decor, but in the quality of the lives that it expresses."
-Philippa Tristam

Rob and I got a steal of a deal with our dining room table. That's a great story, by the way. Remind me to tell you some time.

What a surprise when I saw our table on one of my favorite blogs. Making It Lovely, featured the Napa dining table as a part of her "Making It Yours" series! So neat to see how Nicole would decorate around the table. I think the 5th version is the most "me" of the series, but obviously her character, Lia, doesn't have to design with an opinionated man in mind.

By the way, here's how our table looked decorated for Christmas this year. I even pulled the china out of the cabinet. Someday we may actually eat off of it, but until then, I guess I'll just decorate with it.

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty---and that garland looks familiar?!?! What a great idea to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I had to take it down to hang something Christmas-y, and thought that I could put it to use. Easier than finding a place to store it! :)

    ReplyDelete

You might also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...