Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Wanted: help around the house

“They shared the chores of living as some couples do - she did most of the work and he appreciated it”
-Paula Gosling

This weekend Rob and I got in an argument. In the heat of the moment, I screamed, “If you’re not going to help me, then I’m not going to help you—not going to do your laundry, not going to cook your dinner.” Not exactly my finest moment…

I was in the middle of the week’s laundry, so I proceeded to weed out all of his clothes from the dirty pile that remained and throw them into the guest room, his “man lair.” Then I shut myself into our bedroom to read for the rest of the afternoon.

Monday morning when I was feeling more like myself I went in the guest room to gather his laundry before I left for work. His clothes were nowhere to be found. Apparently in his eagerness to show me that he can take care of himself, he put away all of those dirty clothes. Back into his drawers, back onto hangers, back into his closet. Yup, he sure showed me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

You might also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...