Monday, September 22, 2008

Refueled

“The glory of friendship is not the outstretched hand, nor the kindly smile, nor the joy of companionship; it's the spiritual inspiration that comes to one when he discovers that someone else believes in him and is willing to trust him with his friend.”
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
We spent a lovely weekend with our friends: A & W, in Charlotte. (A, you’ll have to share the photos with W!!) We ate well, got caught up on all the gossip, and fell in love with their 1930’s bungalow.

I was reminded of the most wonderful thing about this friendship: we are all inspired by each other. Not only do the four of us get along really well. We’re all in similar places in life, but we each see it from a different perspective. So after a weekend together, we leave rested and relaxed, but also motivated to try something new or do something a little differently. I left with my mojo refueled. I wish we could do it more often. Maybe someday we will live close enough!!


As we pulled away from their house yesterday evening, Rob sighed and said, “I sure like them.” I agree, I do, too.

1 comment:

  1. 'W' was all smiles when he read this entry -- I think you made his day. We definitely had a great time with you guys too. Maybe next time we can do it at your house. :)

    ReplyDelete

You might also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...