Monday, September 08, 2008

One step closer...

"I touch the future. I teach."
-Christa McAuliffe

So I’ve gone and done it. I’ve signed up to take two Content Assessment tests on October 25th. I’m one step closer to becoming a teacher. For the next month and a half, I’ll be brushing up on my Middle Grades Mathematics and Middle Grades Social Sciences.

I have the Alternative Teaching Program dates highlighted on my calendar, have figured out how to substitute teach in two counties should we choose to move before I have secured a full-time teaching position (which is my preference actually!), and have my husband on board with my plan—he’s even asking his coworkers for any resources they might have.

Regardless of their college studies, many of my fellow high school classmates have taken jobs as teachers in the last few semesters. Looking back at our extraordinary mentors, it makes perfect sense that our education paths would lead right back to the classroom. We want to make an impact just as our own lives have been impacted.

Blackboards, textbooks and lesson plans, I hear you calling.

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! Yay for you for taking this step! Let me know how I can help---I know some middle school teachers around here, too.

    ReplyDelete

You might also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...