Thursday, February 12, 2015

Hello, my name is Daddy...

“The nature of impending fatherhood is that you are doing something that you’re unqualified to do, and then you become qualified while doing it.”
-John Green


Ever since finding out that a new baby would be joining our family last summer, I have been eager to see Rob take on the role of father. This guy who for years has avoided any unnecessary contact with babies (think awkward side hugs!) has been head over heels for our little guy for months.

More than once as my belly grew, Rob expressed his amazement, "How can I love him so much without ever having met him!"


And, since he arrived, Rob has been totally smitten. Several times throughout the last week, I've heard him exclaim, "This little guy has totally rocked our world... but I wouldn't have it any other way."

Silas and I are so blessed that Daddy has been able to take a few weeks off of work to hang out with us and savor these newborn moments. Rob has changed countless numbers of dirty diapers, given baths, carried baby from crib to bed in the middle of the night for nursing, and perfected the art of swaddling. Both Rob and Silas look forward to their skin-to-skin bonding time every morning while I shower and get ready for the day.


I can't wait to watch their relationship grow...

2 comments:

  1. It's hard to describe what it is like to see your daughter become a mother and her husband become a doting daddy. I am so lucky to have been able to spend that first week at home with the two of you and to witness first-hand, not just the newness of Silas, but the love that just oozes from both of you, FOR Silas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you, Mama! We're so thankful you were able to be here, too!

      Delete

You might also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...