Friday, June 24, 2011

Caught the craft bug...

"When I don't have any ideas, I pick up fabric and start working with it and something happens."
-Geoffrey Beene

Not knowing exactly where my sewing machine is going to be stored for the next couple of months (we're apartment hunting this weekend... wish us luck!), I decided I better go ahead and get it all of the craftiness out of my system.

I've been on the lookout for a new summer purse that goes with everything. I haven't found quite what I wanted, so I decided to try one of my own based one of my favorite bags (which is looking a little rough these days!). I filled several pages of a little notebook with sketches, layouts, and steps, hoping to minimize the mistakes. Besides having to rework the lining of the bag, it turned out pretty stinkin' cute!

If you're curious about the fabric... the print is "Ellie" by Michael Miller Fabric and the solid is just khaki-colored Duck from Hobby Lobby.
And, then once I had a cute purse... I needed some matching accessories. So, today I created a luggage handle wrap for our upcoming trip and a sunglasses case to protect my new shades.
Maybe someday I'll create tutorials for them. But this time, the process constantly evolved as I was working.

2 comments:

You might also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...