Monday, September 15, 2014

Which will it be?

"Before you were born I carried you under my heart. From the moment you arrived in this world until the moment I leave it, I will always carry you in my heart."
-Mandy Harrison

In the spirit of this post by Elizabeth Ivie and in honor of finding out Baby B's gender this week (fingers crossed that baby cooperates!), here's our own little guessing game:

  • Carrying high or carrying low? High means GIRL
  • Baby's heart rate under or over 140 beats per minute? Over means GIRL
  • Not much nausea or lots of nausea? Lots of nausea means GIRL (although I never actually got sick, so does that count?)
  • Craving meat or fruit? Meat means BOY 
  • Pregnant abdomen all front or out side to side? Belly all front means BOY
  • Feet colder or warmer than before pregnancy? Warmed means GIRL
  • The Chinese gender prediction test says GIRL when you use the dates based on the Chinese lunar year
  • During the "ring test," the ring swings in a circle or the ring swings side to side? Around and around means BOY

Rob is convinced that Baby B is a girl. He sends me sweet texts like, "How are my girls doing today?" and even calls "her" by the girl's name we have picked out. I think that he will be completely shocked if we see anything between the legs!

I, on the other hand, am less sure. I find the pronoun "he" coming out of my mouth as often as "she." At this point I think I would be more comfortable with a girl (I grew up in a house of girls!), but since I was a kid, I wanted to raise rough and tumble boys.

-------- 

Given all of the "evidence," do you think Baby B is a girl or a boy?


What is the shape of your pregnant abdomen?
According to many myths, belly all front could come from this baby being a boy.
- See more at: http://www.babymed.com/boy-or-girl-gender-prediction-quiz-and-test?question=8&response=1#sthash.8RabR7vU.dpuf
How pointy is your bump?
According to myths, it's more likely a girl if you carry high.
- See more at: http://www.babymed.com/boy-or-girl-gender-prediction-quiz-and-test?question=1&response=1#sthash.5tVO76bu.dpuf

1 comment:

You might also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...