Monday, January 21, 2013

One Little Word album...

"Getting momentum going is the most difficult part of the job, and often taking the first step is enough to prompt you to make the best of your day." 
-Robert J. McKain

Because it's so personal, I've gone back and forth about whether I wanted to post the progress of my One Little Word scrapbook. But, I'm just tickled with the results, so why not share it...

Page 1 - text from blog post on Jan 1
Page 2 - definition of momentum with vintage dictionary page

After picking my word for 2013, "momentum," I spent several days brainstorming and researching all of the different nuances of the word. I have a work-in-progress Evernote document where I have recorded all of my thoughts and then moved them around until they made logical sense. Only then did I attempt to put my creative spin on them.

Pages 3 & 4 - monthly intentions for January to December
each month includes a catchy focus, an inspirational quote, and two bucket list goals

I'm amazed by how often my word has inspired me in just the first three weeks of the year. I look to it when I'm making a tough decision or even as I choose how to spend my days. I'm also keeping a running list of ways I've embraced "momentum" so far, which I hope to include in my album each month.

Full speed ahead...

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Once you pick a word, it is amazing how often it comes into play, or inspires you throughout the year!

    ReplyDelete

You might also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...