Sunday, July 29, 2012

Wonderful windows...

“I discovered windows one afternoon and after that, nothing was ever the same.” 
-Anne Spollen

Before we even moved into our new house, I had an idea for the big window in the living room. I was inspired by a couple of things I'd pinned...
1, 2, 3
So I mocked it up in Illustrator to see what it might look like in our new space. I was totally digging it. But, a little bit unsure how to begin.


So luckily when my mom came to visit in June, she was able to help me move from dream to reality. You can see more about that here and here.

But, then the project came to a standstill as I waited for the bamboo blinds to be delivered (the size I needed had to be ordered online) and then waited for my handyman to make time to tackle my project.

Before

I was getting antsy to see the final result, so I sneakily moved the supplies onto the floor in the middle of the living room. After stepping over the curtain rods and blinds for about two weeks, Rob finally got the hint yesterday afternoon.

After a little bit of cursing, sweat, and extra wood screws, we folded up the ladder and stepped back to admire our handiwork. Even though Rob was hesitant when we started, by the end, he agreed that they looked pretty good.

After
I'm thrilled to see how closely it matches my original vision. I love it!! I can confirm... hanging the curtains up high does indeed make the space look taller! I smile every time I walk by.

The other side of the room... just to complete the picture
I've still got a couple of small projects to finish up... a garland to hang on the map, better storage for our dvd collection, a small gallery wall in the corner by the fireplace, and maybe someday a new rug.

I'll be sure to keep you posted. And, maybe by then, I'll have learned how to take a good interior photo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

You might also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...