Monday, May 07, 2012

A Member of the Wolfpack...

"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
-Anais Nin


The best part of the weekend for me was hanging out with the girls. (And, when you ask Rob what his favorite part was, he'll say, "catching up with the guys.")
I've been around this group several times, but for the first time, I really felt like I was one of them. I finally felt comfortable enough to be myself. Which, I realize says a whole lot more about me than about the group itself. Making close friends for me takes time. It takes similar ambitions. It takes shared experiences. It takes a good bit of confidence. It takes putting myself out there. It takes letting my guard down.

This weekend all of that converged. I'm already looking forward to the next time we're all together (we've got the Color Run in Charlotte planned for October) and am hoping we keep in touch in the meantime. Even, if it's just an update on our C25K progress!
As much fun as we had and as much as I adore each and every one of the people we were with this weekend, there's nothing like hanging out with a bunch of different couples to remind me how grateful I am for my relationship with Rob. For our shared expectations. For the family dynamic we've created. For the routine of our little life together.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

You might also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...