Sunday, May 01, 2011

Race weekend...

"When we have run, with patience, the race. We shall know the joy of Jesus."
-"I Want to Walk as a Child of the Light," by Kathleen Thomerson (one of my favorite hymns!)

Just four more weeks of school. Just trying to keep my head above water. Just trying to finish the year. But yesterday evening I got a bit of a break. Rob and I have been looking forward to our third annual visit to Athens for the Twilight Crit bike race.


We met up with B, K, T, and O as usual, staked out our spots between Corners #3 and 4, and watched as hundreds of cyclists flew past.


This year was even more exciting for two reasons: 1) I had a cowbell to ring. (I even got a blister on finger from my cowbell! Now, that's dedicated bell ringing!) and 2) one of the guys with whom Rob regularly rides was riding in the big race. Each of the 100 laps, our eyes were peeled for #45 and we were shouting, "GOOOO MIKE!!"

1 comment:

  1. That DOES sound like fun!! I'd like to go to a race sometime! (and what a cute headband you have on)

    ReplyDelete

You might also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...