Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Photo Challenge: Day 14

“Letting go has never been easy, but holding on can be as difficult. Yet strength is measured not by holding on, but by letting go.”
-Len Santos



Day 14 (05/31/11): A photo of whatever you please.
At 2:45 this afternoon I walked away from the school I've taught at for two years. I waved good-bye to good friends who I will truly miss. I packed my car with the last few mementos from my teaching experience. 

I'm not really sure where I go from here. I hear that we may be moving out of state (note the sarcasm!), but we're still waiting on a date, so it doesn't feel quite real yet. I have applied for a couple of design jobs in South Carolina, but have heard nothing back. I have itty-bitty dreams of freelancing full-time, but I have no idea where to start. 

I’m putting on a strong façade, answering inquiries with “We’re excited to take this next step in our lives,” and “I’m confident that this is moving me where I need to be.” I'm trying to take it easy and enjoy these first few days of summer vacation. But I'm much better at being nervous and scared than I am at being patient and go-with-the-flow.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray!!!! While I know that you will miss many people and the kids, I am so glad that the stress is now behind you. I predict wonderful things in your future!!

    ReplyDelete

You might also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...