Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Perfect Pair...

"Oh, if it be to choose and call thee mine, love, thou art every day my Valentine!" 
-Thomas Hood


Inspired by Twig and Thistle's "Naturally Sweet DIY Valentines," I decided to design Rob's Valentine's gift around the theme of "We Make a Great Pair!" I know that V-day is kind of a girly holiday, but I don't want to leave Rob out. [Previous years: here, here, and last year I did something like this.]

Here's what I came up with this year:
  • WE MAKE THE PERFECT SET: the Set card game. Rob's never played, but given his interest in MindTrap, Bananagrams, etc., I think he will like it. We've been playing in my Accelerated Math class lately, and the kids love it!!
  • WE MAKE THE PERFECT PEAR: a bag of oatmeal pear cookies that I fully described over at Iron Chef Sisters. He's already tasted them, so they won't be much of a surprise.
  • WE MAKE THE PERFECT PAIR: a "coupon" good for one new pair of sunglasses. Rob's had his eye on a pair of nice (I mean, expensive) sunglasses at REI, and if he's still interested, I'd like to treat him to them. I almost bought them myself, but who knows if he's found a pair he likes better.
  • WE MAKE THE PERFECT PAIR: a new pair of cycling socks. I actually don't know if he even has a pair of dedicated socks for cycling... well, now he does.
It will be at his breakfast table in the morning. 
Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

  1. Fun!!! Happy Valentine's Day to both of you!!! Love you both!

    ReplyDelete

You might also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...