Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Variety is the spice of life

“There is no doubt that creativity is the most important human resource of all. Without creativity, there would be no progress, and we would be forever repeating the same patterns.” -Edward de Bono

(Not so relevant to this post, but shows the logo I've been working on today!)

Yesterday was the first real day of my summer laziness. The first day to hang out around the house. The first day to dive into my recently dormant creative potential. My biggest fear is that I won't fully appreciate this much-needed break from school. Last week, even Rob kept asking, "when are you going to stop thinking about school?". To guide myself, I even had a to-do list (complete with estimated times... I know, I'm a dork), that included everything from bike riding and grocery shopping to graphic designing and sewing.

Yesterday I spent the day running errands and sewing in the craft room. All hands-on, get down and dirty activities. And, the whole time I kept thinking of things to search for on the internet and things to design on the computer.

Today, on the other hand, I've spent the day at the computer (with daytime television in the background...boo on that... I've got to find something better to watch). I had several graphic design projects (logos and flyers) to work on, and I'm pretty excited about the results (seen above). But, of course, all day I've been dreaming of sewing and scrapbook projects. I'll save that for tomorrow!

It's going to be a busy (and hopefully creatively productive) summer!

And, if you're wondering why what I did on my first official week of out of school, check out my mom's blog: here and here.

1 comment:

You might also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...