Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Can't get any worse

“Today is going to be a...less bad day. I can feel it. Sometimes I wake up and know everything is going to be...less bad”
-Ally McBeal

I’ve noticed lately that it’s often easier to write posts to complain and vent than it is to write about happy things. I never want you to get the impression that I’m pessimistic, ungrateful, and just plain mean (because I’m not), so I’ve set a new goal for myself to limit those nasty posts and increase the cheerful posts.

However, I’ve got to make an exception to tell you about my day yesterday.

My fuel gauge was sitting on empty, and I didn’t have enough gas to make it to Bible Study and back home, so I made a mad dash to the gas station after work. Rob and I are trying to use a consistent brand of gasoline to monitor our fuel consumption, so I raced halfway home to a station that was considerably cheaper than the stations in town. Of course I can’t ever remember what side my gas tank is on, so it took my a few tries before I found a working pump on the correct side of my vehicle. And then, the darn pump didn’t print my receipt, and I had to walk inside to get it from the attendant.

I try not to eat a full dinner on Monday nights, but yesterday I was starving and had burritos on the brain. So I raced over to Qdoba to grab a bite to eat. When I got there it dawned on me that I had left my Bible Study book back at the office. Bummer, I was going to have to drive back across town to get it.

Then I realized I had locked my keys in the car. Sitting right there on the passenger seat. Luckily I have Roadside Assistance, so I called them right away. I ran inside to grab dinner, got it “to go,” and headed back outside to wait. It was hot, and an ant bit me while I was waiting.

Eventually the pop-a-lock guy showed up and let me in to my car with his remarkably simple method of opening locked car doors. Then I ran back to the office to pick up the book I had discarded on my desk. And then I hurried to the church for our meeting.

All of this happened between 5:30 and 7:00 pm. I’m still amazed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

You might also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...