-L.M. Montgomery, Anne's House of Dreams
As this summer comes to an end, we're checking off the last of our summer bucket list items.
I posted a list on the refrigerator back in early June, hoping to get Rob excited about some fun activities this summer. He was quickly on board and planning how we could make each adventure happen.
Here's how we spent the Summer of '15!
1. Swim with Silas. We went to the neighborhood pool twice and even took a dip in Lake Bistineau while in Shreveport.
2. Visit Shreveport. Where Silas met dogs for the first time, went to the Farmer's Market, celebrated Luke's birthday, and had fun hanging out with family.
3. See grandparents... Grandma Theresa, Lovey and Papaw, Great-Grandpa Tom, and Mimi
4. ...and aunts and cousins. Aunt Stephanie and the Bunch boys as well as Callie and Luke.
5. See fireworks. At Barnet Park for Fourth of July.
6. Dine al fresco. Many times at Chipotle, Sonic, and Chick-Fil-A.
7. Visit Dottie's Toffee. Yummy toffee ice cream made right here in Spartanburg.
8. Take a hike. A Sunday morning hike to Little Bradley Falls was life-giving in so many ways.
9. Celebrate our 31st birthdays. Mine and then Rob's a few days later.
10. Celebrate Silas' half-birthday. First solid foods!!
11. See a movie at the drive-in theater. Spontaneous trip down to Greenwood, SC.
12. Roadtrip!! Up to Columbus, Ohio for a long weekend.
13. Party it up at Mike and Amy's wedding. Well, if you count sleeping through it...
The only thing on our original list that we didn't do was "grill out." Rob is scared of fire, and after an unfortunate incident with a mouse living in our grill a few years back, I am scared of opening our grill. We just weren't willing to face our fears this summer.
Now we have to decide what to put on our bucket list for fall...