Thursday, September 08, 2011

Searching...

"I know well what I am fleeing from but not what I am in search of."
-Michel de Montaigne

 
I've been feeling restless. Which is understandable, considering I'm still sitting at home with no full-time job. And, yet there is restlessness even beyond the understandable. 

I am at a crossroads, and I can't decide which way to go. I don't even know which roads are available. Hell, I don't even know which roads I wish were there.

Today I realized that my days are full of searching. Maybe "search" should have been my word for 2011.

I'm searching for a job.
I'm searching for a career path.
I'm searching for ways to save money.
I'm searching for Christmas gift ideas.
I'm searching for acceptance of my situation.
I'm searching for a good way to use my free time.
I'm searching for a passion.
I'm searching for a way to lose a couple of pounds.
I'm searching for a way to stay sane.
I'm searching for a nearby friend. 
I'm searching for something to believe in.
I'm searching for something fun and cheap to do this weekend.
I'm searching for good recipes. 
I'm searching for inspiration.
I'm searching for a connection.
I'm searching for discernment. 
Have any to spare?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

You might also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...