-Norman Vincent Peale
Today is the first day of December. My December favorites include:
- Christmas trees: I have a mini-collection of modern tree statues, and I'm a sucker for an exquisite tree. Despite the fact that we've decided to go back to our faux tree this year, and as usual, our tree will sport a mismatch of ornaments, a part of me wishes for a tree like these. Green & Gold Christmas :: White-flocked trees :: Young House Love tree
- Shopping for gifts: This year, thanks to "A Better Christmas Tree" app, I'm been shopping all year, and just have a couple of extras left to get. Some of my favorite gifts this year. Handmade scarves for my friends:: "A Year of Teeth" calendar for my uncle :: something special for my mom and sister
- Christmas cards: Some say that the tradition of sending cards is outdated, but I still look forward to the cards, the photos, and the letters. I've got something up my sleeve for our family as well, but here are some designs that have inspired me. Return Address Luxury :: Dotted Frame Holiday :: Peace and Love :: Christmas Overlays
- Sweets: The holiday season doesn't seem complete without a baking day! Also, makes a great gift for those hard-to-gift male colleagues. Some favorite recipes include Best Toffee Ever :: Chocolate Covered Pretzels with Sprinkles :: Peppermint Bark :: Our traditional sugar cookies with magical icing!
- Counting down the days: The anticipation is always so much better than the actual day. And, this year I have a whole week out of school to anticipate before the holiday actually arrives. Count down with Burlap Sack Advent Calendar :: Advent Re-Invent :: Felt Advent Calendar :: Paper Holiday Advent Calendar