Thursday, February 12, 2009

My reading ritual

“Books open your mind, broaden your mind, and strengthen you as nothing else can.”
-William Feather

I've always been a book lover. I was raised in a house of book lovers, who were raised in a house of book lovers. Let's say it runs in the family.

Of course like most people, I don't have near enough time in my day to read books. Or enough money to purchase the books that I want to read. Or at least not as much as I would like. Until now...

Since I've been substitute teaching, my favorite part of each day is my commute to and from work. I'm not a fan of driving, but I am a fan of listening to a book on CD that I've checked out of the library. For forty minutes each way, I have the opportunity to get completely immersed in a novel. No matter how worried I am about my day or how stressful it has been... I know that I can retreat to the world of literature. And, I won't even get a headache trying to focus on the tiny words. Sometimes it's all I can to do to keep from sitting outside in our garage, soaking up a few more minutes of the story.

And so, I thought that I would begin a list of books here on the side of my blog to keep track of the books that I read or have read to me this year. Check out the list, and feel free to give suggestions!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

You might also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...