Monday, April 07, 2008

Please go away

“Every season can be an allergy season, depending on what you're allergic to."
-Clara Chung

I’m totally fed up with this nagging cough. And I’m beginning to hate cough drops. I’ve been popping cherry lozenges for about a week and a half now, to no avail. I battled severe allergies two weeks ago, and this is probably left over from that. But nothing I try seems to make a difference.

Last night I lay in bed, propped up on pillows, willing myself not to cough. Not to wake my poor husband up. I was trying to practice a very deliberate breathing pattern, to take a sip of water every now and then, to clear my throat as a substitute, as well as to fall asleep. At one point I noticed that my fists were clenched and I was choking in order to suppress my constant urge to cough. And then all of a sudden, I lost out, and I started hacking away again.

Thankfully the Benadryl finally kicked in, so I did at least get some sleep. But when I woke up this morning, there was still no end in sight.

Mr. Cough… please go away. My husband is tired of sleeping next to you. My colleagues are tired of listening to you. And most of all, I am tired of you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

You might also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...